Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 9

The phone above was used as a prop. I wonder how many people own them anymore. Maybe businesses? Some of my moleskine sketchbooks. I currently have one in red.


A sketch of a character based on a class I taught. It was for 2-4 year olds. There were 9 of them and 1 of me... for 2 hours, twice a week, for 6 weeks...Yes I survived...barely. There was a boy who I wasn't sure was even two (maybe 1 1/2?). He was a handful. Even cleaning up was an adventure with him. Let's just say I turned my eyes away from him to help a student with their project when I heard splashing and lots of giggling. He was in the large sink trying to make bubbles with the hand soap, water filling past his converse sneaks, striped socks, shorts and just past the start of his t-shirt. "Just washing up" he said, echoing my words earlier. Our definitions were different. His mom came a few minutes later. He never returned to class. I think she decided to wait until next term when he would actually be 2 years old.